Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mythical Creatures, Urban Legends, and Bigfoot, Caught on Tape

You all know how it goes.  You open up Youtube, looking for only one video, which you find, and watch.  But then, you scroll through the sidebar, reading through the titles of related videos.  A few catch your eye, and you click on them.  You watch one of the new videos, and, as before, look at the sidebar, and open even more new videos.  Before you know it, an hour has gone by and you have 17 different tabs of unwatched video open on your window.  Such has happened to me, and I thought I'd like to share some of the videographic gems I have found, along with some opinions and insights.  On this Youtube trip, the main topic of my video thread was this: Mythical Creatures, Urban Legends, and Bigfoot, Caught on Tape.

First up, a classic, the Roswell Alien Autopsy.  Unfortunately, I could only find Part 2 of the "leaked footage."



Next, one we all know and love, Nessie.


I love how the thing doesn't move at all.  And those sounds? They remind me of Rainforest Cafe.

Now, it turned out that this one guy completely made up the Loch Ness Monster to ridicule a newspaper that ridiculed him, and even admitted to it, but people still won't give it up and believe him.  Here is the "Surgeon's Photograph"


I never really understood what "El Chupacabra" was, but this video 'revealed the mystery.'


Now, a werewolf. Or, if you have spelling problems, a "warewolf."


Here are some fairies.


At around 1:15, the cameraman calls the little boy a wanker.  I think his exact words are, "Oy! What a wanker."

And the one you've all been waiting for, Bigfoot.



I think what's fun about Bigfoot videos and photos is that they're so easy to fake!

Btw, what's the difference between Bigfoot and Sasquatch?

Now for some prettier things. Unicorns!



Now, a whole bunch of mermaid vids! Yay!




Well, there you have it.  A few hours of my life wasted.  Hey, at least I don't actually believe this stuff, then it would be my entire life wasted.  It was fun though.  My one regret? Try as I might, I couldn't find a decent dragon video.  Oh well.  Thanks for journeying with me through the annals of Youtube in search of fairies, aliens, Sasquatch, mermaids, and entertainment.  Join us next time for the topic "Hilarious Videos that You've Seen Way Too Many Times."


P.S.: If you would like to go hunting for hoax videos for your own adventure, I found that the shakier and foggier the video is, the better the story will be.  If it looks amateur and has low resolution, you've hit the jacky.  

No comments:

Post a Comment